When you start organizing your kitchen, especially after you have moved to a new apartment or a new place altogether, the first question is what do you actually need there? If you have not brought your favourite equipment with you, you may lack a lot of things that helped you to manage numerous cooking tasks.
To organize your kitchen with the highest efficiency and comfort, you definitely need certain cooking appliances. Some of them are directly crucial, while others can be purchased later if you do cook on a regular basis. To make sure you know what utensils to buy, check out our short review and recommendations.
The List of Appliances
Some of the following items are really inevitable for purchasing, so you should consider them in the first place, while others can be bought later. It all depends on your preferences and your cooking habits:
- Skillet – this is one of the handiest tools you are very likely to use almost every single day. Choose a stainless steel item, as it will serve you for a long time.
- Stockpot – it will be useful for you if you enjoy soups and stews. It is better to search for one with a lid, and also of a proper size.
- Sheet Tray – in case you are good at baking things, or you generally like preparing dishes in the oven, you won’t be able to operate without it.
- Knife set – good knives will make you happy every time you deal with firm products. Knives of poor quality will annoy you every single day, and actually, they are even dangerous for your health, because they can slide along the surface and instead of cutting food, you will cut yourself.
- Measuring spoons and cups – it is impossible to make complicated and delicious dishes without knowing the exact amount of ingredients to put.
- Slow cooker or a multicooker. You will be able to save tons of time and effort with this type of appliance, so consider investing decent money into it. There are so many products that can be cooked with a slow cooker, and the method of cooking is pretty healthy as well.
- Toaster – if you love bread and anything with bread, the toaster is what you will enjoy. However, you really risk to gain weight making endless sandwiches.
- Microwave – this is not a kind of equipment for cooking healthy foods, but when you are in a hurry, it will be really handy.
- Mixer or blender – good for making dough and fruit smoothies alike. if you are into making such things, research the models and types. It makes sense to buy a more expensive one, because the cheaper it is, the less work it will do for you, while you will still need to clean it.
- Juicer – an item that guarantees your healthy lifestyle. Fresh juices are impossible without a juicer; it is also better to buy a more fancy one because it will perform better, while cleaning is a pain for expensive and cheap alike.
- There are other items that you will find crucial in the kitchen, even though they are not appliances at all. For example, pot holders and oven mitts are important regardless of whether you are a professional cook or you make dinner once in a blue moon.
Make yourself comfortable and allow kitchen appliances to do the work for you.