Nowadays, every family uses an electric kettle in everyday life. After all, what could be better than strong and invigorating black tea in the morning and relaxing aromatic herbal tea in the evening? For many people, tea is not just a drink, but a good tradition or, if you will, a ritual that unites loved ones and disposes to a cozy conversation.
An electric kettle is a household item that can be found in every home and office. Given the fact that this is the most frequently used device, so you need to choose it very carefully. Depending on your needs, you can buy an electric kettle, which not only boils water, but also maintains the desired water temperature. There are also models that can be controlled remotely, with protection systems without switching on water, lights, and other useful functions. Choosing a kettle is not a difficult task, our tips will help you look at this household appliance from the other side.
Materials Used in Kettles
- A glass electric kettle is the most environmentally friendly option. However, the choice in favor of glass has certain requirements for its care and handling. The slightest plaque or scum on the walls and bottom will be immediately visible. Despite the fact that the glass of the kettle has shock-resistant properties, it still requires careful handling.
- An electric kettle made of ceramics looks very stylish, especially if the surface is painted with various patterns. It does not require certain care, it is easy to clean under running water and works very quietly.
- The electric kettle from stainless steel is famous for its durability and practicality. Due to the fact that in the process of boiling the body is very hot, it may not be safe for young children. Even in it is not visible the water level and it has an increased noise during working.
- Electric kettle made of plastic is the most popular and affordable option. It can be of any shape and color, which will easily allow you to choose the right kettle for the interior of the kitchen. After heating, the plastic may emit a peculiar odor.
A Heating Element
- The habitual spiral is not the best option. The thing is inevitably formed raid inside the kettle. If it can be removed from the inner surface of the body with the help of chemical agents and physical strength, then cleaning the spiral to its original state is an almost impossible task. Kettle with spiral, covered with a thick layer of scale, slower heats the water, and the taste of this water leaves much to be desired.
- With disc or hidden heating elements much easier. Firstly, you can clean them easily. Secondly, such kettles can boil water faster due to the larger heating surface area.
As you can see, the choice of the electric kettle should be more thorough, because if it is cheaper than other household appliances, this does not mean that the approach to its choice should be appropriate.